If you are using the video,
ask the first question before viewing.
1. What would you do if a friend of yours gave you an expensive present, but you found out it was stolen?
Questions to ask after showing Act I
2. Summarize what happened in act one.
3. Why did Muggsy want to give Groark such an expensive present?
4. Was it okay for Muggsy to steal the present if he didn't have enough money to pay for it? Why, or why not?
5. Is it okay for Groark to keep the present if he is not the one who stole it? Why, or why not?
6. When Groark found out it was stolen, how did he feel about it?
7. Groark seems to be confused. What is he confused about?
8. What do you think Groark is going do? What do you think he should do?
Questions to ask after showing Act II
9. What was "the really big important question" that Socrates asked Groark? (see next question)
10. Socrates asks, "if a thing as been stolen, who does it belong to?" Does the gift belong to Muggsy who took it? To Groark who received it? Who does it belong to? Is there anything wrong with accepting a gift if you know it was stolen?
11. Socrates tells Groark , "just do what's right." What do you think is the right thing to do? Is it always easy to do what's right?
12. Groark says that giving back the gift will be hard. Why? What is he concerned about? (Muggsy's feelings)
13. Diotima tells Groark that he will be doing Muggsy a favor by telling him how he really feels about the stolen gift. How would that be a favor? How do you think it will make Muggsy feel?
14. Diotima tells Groark that all good friendships are based on what? (honesty and trust) Do you think that's true? Why, or why not?
15. Imagine that you are Groark. How could you tell Muggsy you don't want the gift without hurting his feelings?
16. What did Groark learn from Socrates? From Diotima?
Questions to ask after showing Act III
17. How do you feel about the way Groark handled things with Muggsy? Why? What could he have done better?
18. Did Groark harm his friendship with Muggsy by telling him the truth? Did he make it better? How?
19. Why didn't Groark want Muggsy to lie to the store owner about how he got the space station? (That would make him a liar.)
20. What is wrong with lying? Do you trust people who lie? Do you care if your friends lie?
21. What kind of friend did Groark tell Muggsy he wants him to be? (A friend he can trust.)
22. How do you think Groark felt about himself at the end of the video? Was he still confused? What did he learn from the experience?
General Questions about Trustworthiness
23. How do you feel when someone tells you a lie?
24. Do you think that lying can ruin a friendship? Explain. Has that ever happened to you?
25. If you tell just one lie, does that make you a liar? How many lies do you get to tell before you are a liar?
26. Would you trust somebody who lies? Who cheats? Who steals? Why, or why not?
27. How do you know if you can trust someone?
28. Do you consider yourself to be an honest person? Why?
29. What does trustworthiness mean to you? What is a trustworthy person?
30. Do you consider yourself a trustworthy person? In what way are you a trustworthy person?
31. Do your parents trust you? What could you do that would make your parents stop trusting you? What would be bad about that?
32. Its been said that cheating is just another form of lying. Do you agree?
33. Describe a time when you lied, cheated, or stole something. What happened? How did you feel? What were the consequences?
34. How can simply being honest make life a lot easier. Have you ever experienced this in your own life?
35. How important is trust in your relationships with friends and family? How would these relationships be affected if you found out someone was lying to you?
36. What does trust have to do with honesty?
you wish to copy or use any material from this website, please click